Subject: Re: Access to Keyframe Data.
From: Ernie Wright <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 00:37:02 -0500 (EST)

Doug Sutton asked:

> Is it possible to get access in a Layout Plugin to the actual key
> frames as set by the user on a given object?  I don't just mean the 
> values at any time step, I specifically want to grab just the key 
> frames the user set.  Is this possible?

Interesting question.  The answer is No, and I think this is because
plug-ins aren't supposed to be bound that closely to LW internals.
Not even Envelope Handler plug-ins know where the user has actually
set keyframes.  A kludge option is to write a scene "converter" that
reads the keyframe data from the scene file.

You might want to bring this up on the plug-in list.  (Subscribe by
sending a message to [email-masked] with "subscribe lwplugin-l"
on a line by itself in the body of the message.)  Stuart might know
why plug-ins are this way, or somebody might be able to suggest a
better workaround.

- Ernie